I took advantage of a late Saturday afternoon to finish out the panels on the garden fence.
The short panels were decidedly more complicated to fit, since both dimensions had to be cut down from the original 4×8 sheet.
The slope down from the driveway has been a challenge throughout the project. Originally, I thought to build a retaining wall and to join the two levels of fence, but the mechanics of the idea were overwhelming.
Once the fence was underway and I realized the rail level of the lower fence met the base of the driveway post, I reconsidered lattice above and below. Seeing it at this stage, I’d like to finish out the upper diagonal lattice with the same rail board as the rest of the fence.
More work tomorrow…
Still so excited!