Today, I made it back to the moving of the daylily bed. I started early-ish in the day and worked until the heat of the day got to me.
I returned to it after the heat passed in the early evening, almost finishing before the threat of rain approached.
The new location was convenient. Years ago leftover mulch was dumped in the spot, which has since broken down. This was the easiest and quickest spot to till for planting.
Now that I have established this wedge of daylilies, I see a clear path for planting/landscaping around the rest of the fire pit.
Check out the great daylily migration, part 1 for the before pictures…